Login |  Register

Post subject: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: 090417 10:12 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
We've had a couple dreams posted already, and if you have a really significant one, feel free to start a separate thread for it, if you feel it's warranted, but I thought it might be a neat idea to have a thread where people could just post what they remember of what dream(s) they had the previous night(s), just for the hell of it. Then we can discuss them, interpret them, laugh at them, or even just ignore them. But either way, it could be interesting.

Last night I dreamed I was participating in a kendo tournament, and I had a match against Hyuga Hinata. Lucky for me, it was kendo, and not bare-handed martial arts, or else I'd clearly have lost. But Hinata wasn't very good with a shinai, so even though I wasn't very good either, I was able to win the match. But that's not the important thing. For some reason, just having the match was like this meaningful connection, like as if I had gone on a date with her or something. Odd, but it gave me a very heartwarming feeling that lasted even after I woke up. It reminds me of that one night years ago, when I sparred one on one with a girl I admired...

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: 090418 03:46 
Forum Underling
Forum Underling
This is good idea! People should contribute! Though not me first, because I first would like to understand them myself before I publicize them. Someone else better adjusted should pick it up from here.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090422 11:03 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
It's a shame I can't remember my dreams better/more often. It's also strange because I usually have pretty good memory in other more traditional avenues. Most of the time I don't remember a thing, but sometimes it'll be such a complex jumble of elements that I can't quite piece them together after I've woken up.

As it was last night. The one part I remember, though, I was standing on a dock at the edge of a lake or possibly a large river, taking pictures of boats passing by. There was a lot of people, so either there was some kind of a festival going on, or else it was just a popular place. I thought I should go out further along the dock, to get better shots of the boats going by, but as I went out, the dock got shakier. Of course, I was afraid of falling in with my camera in my hands, so I had to be very careful. That's all I really remember. :|

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090422 21:27 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I remember a bit of a dream once in which I was arguing with Tom Cruise. I don't really like the guy because he's a whacked-out Scientologist, and I would normally say that's beside the point, but it's not really since in the dream I was taking great glee in rendering him speechless. I want to say we were walking through some very large aircraft hangar, and he was walking as fast as he could to get away from me. I was easily keeping up, and I was verbally hammering the guy. In the dream, whatever I was arguing I was apparently arguing very well because of his weak attempt at escape and his refusal to listen. He was getting more and more upset, too.

That's about it.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090423 21:35 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Well, your personality certainly doesn't change much in your dreams, I see. :P

I remember three parts to my dream last night (or, separate dreams, if you will), but the middle part is pretty fuzzy. For the first part I was in a building with a lot of halls, being chased by an indestructible mechanical dragon. I and a bunch of anonymous people were participating in some kind of a challenge - the winner being the person who figured out a way to "defeat" the indestructible robot dragon. Some group won by trapping the dragon into a space it couldn't maneuver out of.

As for the third part, it was similar in a way to the first, as I was running through corridors to get away from a monster, but this time, the monster was a humanoid creature (and an actual monster), and not just some machine as part of a challenge. Also, the corridors were a lot darker and more reminiscent of the set of a horror movie - underground tunnels, narrow stairwells, balconies, it was some kind of large building. There was a celebration or something going on, but I was separate from that, being chased by this monster. At one point, it caught up to me on the stairwell, and the only "weapon" I had was a sharpened pencil. So I jammed it into the monster's flesh multiple times, including in the chest and in the head. It went in easier than I expected, but it didn't stop the monster. I don't recall any kind of conclusion to that dream.

I'm beginning to hope that this exercise will gradually improve my ability to remember my dreams on a more regular basis.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090424 02:29 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I had a dream where I woke up one day and decided to go back to America because zharth and I had jobs lined up at Bucknell. We walked into the library and he started crying because he was back. I got the impression that it was a good thing. We talked with Don, an ISR employee and former Japanese classmate for a while when I felt my cellphone in my pocket and realized that I'd left behind a girl that I love. I also knew that there was no way for me to just go back.

I woke up and grabbed the wall in panic, so strong was the impression that I'd made a terrible mistake. It's hard to describe just how relieved I was when I realized I was still in Japan.

Edit: Mike had been goading me earlier in the dream because I complained about something in Japan; he kept goading me and telling me I should just go back to America, so I got Don to get jobs for me and zharth in ISR. That's how it all started.

Last edited by Scott on 090424 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090424 03:15 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Ahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

I srsly lol'ed IRL when I read both of your dreams.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090424 03:22 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
I cried because I was back? And it was a good thing? You always have dreams with people you know in them... Sounds like the likelihood of you ever coming back from Japan is getting less and less.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090424 10:38 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Yeah, you did.

It may be more like... I remember the dreams with people I know?

I have to admit, I like it here.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090425 00:53 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Scott wrote:
I have to admit, I like it here.

I have to admit, dreams involving sex are teh awesome.

Profile  Offline