Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/zharth/zharth.tenjou.net/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/zharth/zharth.tenjou.net/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/zharth/zharth.tenjou.net/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Zharth's Forum • View topic - Smilies

Login |  Register

Post subject: Smilies
PostPosted: 090228 05:27 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Trying to add a new set of smilies that looks good over a dark background. Found them easy enough, but thy're being stubborn in terms of installation. Some of the old ones refuse to go away...

Edit: Ok, got them working now. I really hate the "laughing" smiley :lol: , the "shocked" smiley :o , and the tongue smiley isn't so great :P , but it'll do for now. At least they don't have pixelly white halos anymore.

P.S. I scanned through the posts thus far, fixing a bunch of old smileys, and I was shocked to discover that not only am I the *only* person that has used any smileys thus far, but that I've actually used them quite a bit. I've never pegged myself as a smiley person...

P.P.S. I just noticed my inconsistency between using "smileys" and "smilies". Which do you figure is more correct?

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Smilies
PostPosted: 090228 06:00 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Hm, looking at Light's topics in the General Forum, it looks like the topic subject icons need to be adjusted for the dark background, too. Argh...

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090301 09:37 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I'll be using smilies for sure. As for spelling I've usually used smilies. I think my mind figures using a y to be out of place or something.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090301 09:52 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Yeah, intellectually, I wanna write "smilies", but then everytime I go to write it, for some reason "smileys" pops out. Hey, I just looked to the left where the smilies are listed and it's spelled "smilies", so I guess that's pretty good evidence. I'll probably still mix it up here and there, though - unintentionally.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090304 11:56 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Been mixing and matching smilies - I wish I could find a comprehensive set that I like, because it bugs me when they're not all uniform - but any one given set is bound to have certain smilies I like and certain ones I don't like...

:cry:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090411 05:48 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Added some new smilies. Still not perfect. Wondering if I should just abandon the blue ones altogether. I thought they looked good with the theme, but the yellow ones are not only more abundant, but I don't know if I like the blue ones all that much anymore (the expressions, that is). I threw in a few "just for fun" smilies - I'd prefer not to get bogged down with dozens of smilies nobody will ever use, but hey, some of them are fun to have even if they're not used often.

:behead:

Case in point. :lol:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090411 14:06 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Some of the new ones are pretty neat. I would also vote to keep the blue ones if it's not too much of a problem. I think I've been using them mostly. I particularly like these two: :lol: :badgrin:

:hanged:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090411 19:36 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Kashi wrote:
Some of the new ones are pretty neat. I would also vote to keep the blue ones if it's not too much of a problem. I think I've been using them mostly. I particularly like these two: :lol: :badgrin:

Well, if I got rid of the blue ones, I'd replace the useful ones with something comparable in a yellow, so... And I do like the dark blue laughing ones, I was pretty much talking about the light blue ones.

Profile  Offline