Login |  Register

Post subject: Re: New Emoticon Suggestion!
PostPosted: 090326 00:41 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
His original post said to me that he would use them if they could be fixed up.

Just get one and try it out. They're not particularly complex, and neither is photoshop... I mean, I first started working with animated GIFs back when they were new and all the rage -- I must have been what, 12? Try it out.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090326 00:52 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Scott wrote:
His original post said to me that he would use them if they could be fixed up.

Just get one and try it out. They're not particularly complex, and neither is photoshop... I mean, I first started working with animated GIFs back when they were new and all the rage -- I must have been what, 12? Try it out.

You're also fucking azn. That pretty much means you win at anything as long as you do it for more than 5 minutes. You can probably play any Bach perfectly, on any instrument, within 5 minutes of seeing the score for that instrument.

And yes, photoshop is complex. If I go learn how to build, repair, and tune an engine, then do it for years, of course it's going to seem "not complex" to me. But at least I'd recognize that it would be complex for you.

loldongs

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090326 00:57 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
No, I mean, it's not fundamentally complex. You could get it and erase some stuff or draw some stuff after opening it, I'd bet.

Learning to use it to make complex works is the hard part. But for something like erasing some pixels, it's pretty easy.

It's like a pencil. Any retard can use a pencil, but only some people have learned to use it to make art well.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090326 01:03 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I think I tried opening it once and doing some shit, but there was no blank anything to do shit on. Then there was all these popout boxes and shit, and one was layers, and I didn't know if I had to piss with layer shit, and then all this other shit's goin on. Then like you can add all these features and shit to shit you're doing. It's a lot of confusing shit.

PS - shit

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090326 02:37 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Here's a test.

Edit: That's 45% smaller and the fuzz isn't gone, but all the detail is!

Attachments:
actingcool.gif
actingcool.gif [ 2.41 KiB | Viewed 4550 times ]
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090326 03:00 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Jeez, I shouldn't have left you guys to bicker on. I actually sympathize with your position, Kashi, on Photoshop. Complicated programs like that completely intimidate me. However, if you take it slow, learn one thing at a time, as you need it, well, that's really the only way to go about it. A year ago, I wouldn't have touched PS with a stick. Now, thanks to using it for some of my photography (albeit a small portion), I know how to do things like selective color, and simple stuff with filters. Anyway, I do understand your reservation.

I'd be happy to add the emoticons, whether you modify them or not. Though they are kinda big, I suspect there's not much point in resizing them, as you'll just lose detail, and it doesn't really affect the fuzz significantly. It'd be really *nice* to get rid of the fuzz, but if you're happy with using the fuzzy emoticons, that's fine. Just hand over the set, and I'll add them at my convenience. Then, if you wanna work on them, I can always update them later.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090326 03:33 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Well I'm glad to see someone (who's not azn) understands my hesitation at tackling PS. Anyway, I think I'll follow what Panda said and try to tackle removing some of this fuzz business. Give me some time and I'll see what I can do.

Scott wrote:
Edit: That's 45% smaller and the fuzz isn't gone, but all the detail is!

orz

Profile  Offline