Login |  Register

Post subject: Re: Naruto Manga
PostPosted: 090720 02:20 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
[Reveal] Spoiler: ch456
God, there's so many different characters and so many things going on it's confusing me...

About the Hanya assassins that attacked Danzo - it's like Hanya from Shinomori Aoshi's original Oniwabanshu team has been cloned! Except they didn't put up much of a fight... I wonder if there's anything more to this "Land of Wood" connection, or if it's just meant to show that Danzo has a lot of enemies (not exactly new or suprising information).

Curses that we didn't get to see Naruto x Konohamaru's oiroke no jutsu faceoff this time... Like I'd really rather watch Kakashi stun a couple of Anbu spies... "Good job, Konohamaru, you're an hero too!"

lol @ RSI. I know only too well...

Sounds like babe-kage's problem has to do with a broken engagement in her past. Cliche, maybe? I'll withhold judgement for now.

As for the Land of Iron, sounds like an impending faceoff between ninjas and samurais!!! At any rate, this meeting of the kages looks to be a big deal. It even looks like Naruto and Sasuke might finally meet up again - for the first time since Itachi's demise.

At any rate, there looks to be potential for a lot of excitement in the coming chapters.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090720 05:01 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I completely forgot about the new chapter; now that summer vacation has begun, I don't have much to mark off the days of the week...

[Reveal] Spoiler: A New Chapter...!!!!!!
The whole thing with the assassin attack didn't remind me so much of the Oniwa Banshu as it did ANBU. I mean, ANBU's name stands for Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Bukai, which is just an assassination squad. The masks espcially made me think of ANBU, since they're the only ones (outside of lame Haku) that we've really seen on major characters.

I felt like the chapter was badly-leveled or something; it was stark black and white and the details were really hard to make out, leaving me a little confused about what exactly it was that Danzo did.

I'll be the first to say that I sighed a bit upon learning about the "samurai". It seems so cliched.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090720 05:57 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
[Reveal] Spoiler: Hanya

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090720 23:13 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
http://www.masksoftheworld.com/Orient/J ... 20Mask.htm

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090721 09:42 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Scott wrote:
http://www.masksoftheworld.com/Orient/Japanese%20Noh%20Mask.htm

"This character was once a beautiful woman who fell in love with a priest. Her unrequited love causes her to turn into a monster who expresses the fury of a woman overwhelmed by jealousy and anger."

I'm quite certain I remember this being the plot for a specific episode of Sailor Moon...

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090727 02:47 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
[Reveal] Spoiler: ch457
I have to admit I'm interested in how the conversation between Sai and Sakura will turn out.

I think the fact that the Kages are convening to discuss the problem of Akatsuki and Sasuke, and the fact that Sasuke, with Akatsuki, are waiting in the rafters listening, is a recipe for an interesting meeting. I wonder if they'll either be discovered, or in some way interrupt the meeting, or if they will indeed wait until afterwards to go after Danzo. I want to see Zetsu in action, since he's been mostly on the sidelines all this time. I've forgotten where the hell Tobi/Madara disappeared to, but I'm starting to believe the rumoured possibility that he and Danzo are one and the same. I don't know how I'd feel about that, but at least it would fix up the "too many sharingan" jinx.

"Sono me...dare no me?"

Naruto's confrontation with the WWF-kage, er, Raikage, is pretty telling. Surely, Naruto's "stop killing in the name of revenge" "give peace a chance" perspective is noble, but I don't think it really conforms to the ninja standard. I mean, really, of all things, Naruto was never a ninja, right? Bright orange blazer, shouting and attacking head on? I wonder if this series is going to culminate in the end of the NWO (Ninja World Order), with the conclusion being the creation of a peaceful world with no more ninjas (or where the ninjas take up their new, boring jobs, as letter carriers, and babysitters, and things like that). I wonder.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090728 04:11 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Shinobi Cake Decoration Service?

Did you note the thing Yamato was talking about with regard to the byakugan? It made me wince because it soudned like the seed for, I guess, an eye war between nations.

I mean, other nations have to have their own bloodline limits as well, if you think about it. Otherwise the Nation of Fire would have won this standoff a long time ago.

What do you suppose the samurai have -- magic ears?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090728 05:15 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Scott wrote:
Did you note the thing Yamato was talking about with regard to the byakugan?

Yeah, you remember that right? It was explained back during the final part of the Chuunin Exam; it had to do with why Neji hated Hinata and the "official" family or whatever it was. Neji's father sacrificed his life to save the clan head, when Raikage demanded the byakugan. Neji thought his father was coerced by the main branch of the family, but then he learned that his father gave up his life willingly, to save his twin brother, or whatever.

Am I remembering incorrectly, or was it stated at some point that there were only three main special eye techniques (byakugan, sharingan, rinnegan)? Either way, there are non-eye-related bloodline limits, too, right?

At any rate, if the byakugan comes back into the story, that can only be a good thing.

I guess we have yet to see the samurai's powers. Although, I like the (purely speculated) idea I read elsewhere, which involved some sort of elemental sword-based techniques (which I guess wouldn't be terribly different from ninjutsu, just with swords...)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090730 00:33 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I remembered the story but not that it was linked to the raikage. Oops. It was so long ago...

And yeah, I think you're right about the three eye techniques, but the impression I'd come away with was that it was only pertinent to Konoha, or perhaps the Country of Fire, though...

As for other bloodline limits, yeah. There's Haku's ice mirror thing, Shino's bugs, Chouji's ability to use mass for chakra, Neji's shadow stuff... I'm pretty sure those are all bloodline limits, since we've seen their families using them too. It kind of makes me wonder if everyone has a bloodline limit of some type.

What's Naruto's? Never-give-it-up-ness?

Oh, there was the bone guy too -- that was a bloodline limit.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090730 03:22 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
It's possible that the information was only pertinent to Konoha/Fire Country, but when they discussed the rinnegan, considering how powerful it's supposed to be (the original rinnegan user invented the ninja?), it gave off the impression of being a bit more wide-ranging than that.

I did think of the boneguy, since he showed up in the latest episode of Shippuuden in a flashback (Juugo's memories). I guess the mark of a bloodline limit is that it can't be copied by the sharingan?

Speaking of which, I remember reading inquiries into how Kakashi got the mangekyou sharingan - which opened my eyes, you could say. Originally I assumed that Kakashi learned it from enduring Itachi's tsukuyomi (that time back before the timeskip), what with him being the copy ninja and all, but eventually I realized that if it was that easy, then getting the mangekyou sharingan wouldn't have been such a big deal to begin with. Plus there's the fact that Kakashi's looks different, and has a completely different ability (I wonder how that works - do you have to develop the techniques, are they based on your personality/abilities, do they come from nowhere, or what?). But then that brings up the question of where did he get it...

Profile  Offline