Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/zharth/zharth.tenjou.net/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:379)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:379)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:379)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:379)
Zharth's Forum • View topic - Naruto Manga

Login |  Register

Post subject: Naruto Manga
PostPosted: 090707 06:39 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Spoilers ahead.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Chapter 454: The Five Kages...!
I'm getting really tired of these translations with trailing exclamation points...!
They don't make it that much more suspenseful...!

I also don't like it when people slap an "s" onto foreign words to pluralize it.

This chapter seems notable only because it gives us our first real look at the kage from other nations; they're all nutty caricatures, unlike the "normal" hokage from our hero's country. We've got a creaky old kage (who no doubt has amazing hidden powers despite his decrepit appearance), a man-hating babe kage (who no doubt has a lot of technique despite her shallow appearance/personality), a stupid-but-strong kage (who no doubt... well, is stupid and strong), and of course, our own, new, villainous kage who seems to have... villainous plans.

I think it was a stall chapter -- you could easily introduce these people and their personalities in the course of actual story rather than blowing a chapter on it. But I suppose we're due for a stall since we just finished an epic battle. That's just how manga goes...

Naruto's whole "beat me up until you're satisfied" thing was a bit of a stupid point, in my opinion. "You're mad, so you shouldn't go hurting other people. Hurting people doesn't accomplish anything. Just hurt me, I'm a goth-y black hole of hurt. I'll suck it up. HURT ME." Yeah, right. Okay. It seems noble and cool on the first glance (maybe), but after that, it just seems dumb to me. But being a perfect manga, they'll no doubt beat him up and come to their senses once their Rage Gauges drop enough.

He could've used kage bunshin and given them more targets, but I guess he'd be in for a world of pain once they all went back to him. After all, if he can learn from all of them training, then he'd probably take all of their pain too. (The training thing was just a massive plot hole considering how much he's used it in the past without a problem...)

Too bad he's not a saiyajin. Take all those injuries and become even stronger with a senzu bean to restore him!

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Naruto Manga
PostPosted: 090707 09:12 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
[Reveal] Spoiler: ch454
It looks like Danzo's headed for a potential powerup. He has a lot of political power, but I can't really see him as being that strong - after all he's a crippled old man. So I wonder how that'll pan out. Back when Kabuto showed his face to Naruto after Orochimaru's death, I thought he was really cool, being the "lone ranger" type off to follow his own road, but then when he revealed that he was still hopelessly attached to Orochi (in more ways than one), I lost a little respect for him. Still, it'll be interesting to see how his part of the story plays out (I still think Orochimaru died too easily).

As for the kages, I wasn't terribly impressed with them, except babe-kage. I'd like to see more of her.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090707 09:16 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I think Danzo probably has his own jutsu tricks. I mean, it goes without saying that the kage should be strong.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090710 23:56 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
[Reveal] Spoiler: Chapter 455: Bond...!!
It's time for a new chapter...!!
It's loaded with development...!!

One thing I noticed is that the two ninja beating up Naruto have adjectives for names that may hint at their jutsu -- Karui and Samui. They mean light (as in the opposite of heavy) and cold, respectively. I was totally wrong about the beat-up-Naruto campaign.

I thought the "unveiling of Danzo's guards" page was unnecessarily dramatic. "WOW THEY WHIPPED OFF THEIR CLOAKS FULL PAGE PANEL TIME"

It was nice that Naruto finally thought to tell everyone about his experiences when the seal broke, especially regarding Madara. That's kind of an important piece of information. Kakashi's reaction to Naruto saying what his father said was a little too cheesy for me.

Finally, Danzo has the sharingan. Those pesky Uchiha and their eyeballs!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090711 03:41 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
[Reveal] Spoiler: ch455
Two things:

1) Holy fucking shit. Danzo has the sharingan?

2) I think the sharingan is becoming a little overpowered.

Anyway, I've been wondering where the hell Killerbee disappeared to, and what purpose he'll serve in the future. I have conflicting opinions about him, because he collects swords, but then there's that whole rap thing. :/ And I thought his Bijuu was really cool when the only part of it I saw was the tentacles. Then it turned out to be some kind of bull. :/

For all your complaining about the trailing exclamation points, I couldn't help but notice that you keep using them. :p

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090711 04:08 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I'm more worried about it becoming too common than overpowered. At this point, we've seen more sharingan (from the decimated Uchiha family) than we have byakugan...

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090711 04:35 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
You know, I was just thinking of the byakugan... Naturally, I expect Naruto will completely ignore that little incident involving Hinata.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090711 05:50 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Here's a prediction: Danzo gets in contact with Kabuto, they combine their powers, and the result is a new Orochimaru, this time *with* a sharingan.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090711 09:57 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I don't know -- Danzo hardly seems like a great host for Orochimaru, crippled as he is... wasn't that the reason Orochimaru wanted a strapping young lad like Sasuke anyway?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090711 10:30 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
I take it he wanted a strapping young lad like Sasuke because Sasuke had a sharingan, and, compared to Itachi, he was weak enough that Orochi [thought he] had a chance at getting it from him. Anyhow, wasn't Kabuto turning into Orochimaru? He implanted some genes into his body or something? Maybe he'll kill Danzo, take his sharingan, and then it'll be a sort of Mecha-Freezer to get beaten all too easily, while allowing some ultimate closure to Orochimaru's character...

Profile  Offline