Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Brute
PostPosted: 090410 06:40 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
You just keep fighting until you get bored.

I originally got sucked in for a day or two because I wanted to level and get better stuff so I could kick butt, but it's so random that it got old fast.

Edit: And yet, I'm still doing it for the lack of anything better to do...

FLAWLESS VICTORY: http://tarepanda.mybrute.com/fight/19576470

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090411 00:50 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Eat a dick, not my fault kasilol chose to attack your dog like 5 times, and then RNG gave you all those dodges. Retarded.

PS - Both of you should stop complaining about it being boring. It's not a full-fledged RPG... It's a free flash game that's completely randomized. It's not going to be absurdly engrossing.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090411 01:29 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I mean, the randomness is what detracts from it. It could be much more interesting if, say, you were limited to, say, five things (abilities AND weapons AND oets) that you could take into battle, and you could choose your loadout.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090411 01:46 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Yeah but I guess they didn't bother coding it in. Yeah, that would be cool, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. :|

PS:
Scott wrote:
oets

Edit: Only 5 things in total would kind of suck. Part of the benefit of being high level is that you can roll in with a bunch of weapons, abilities, and what-not. Then again maybe you just picked the number for example's sake.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090411 01:52 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Having too much shit sucks... I mean, let's say you have a ton of weapons and the best one is the club. The odds of you actually pulling the club in a fight are slim to none. Some of the abililties kind of suck, too.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090411 14:19 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
As much as it can bite you in the ass, it also gives you a chance to win because the same rules apply to the opponent (he can pull a subpar weapon as well). Besides, I have yet to really see a useless weapon (don't know how hard the trombone hits). Even the knife-dagger thing is pretty good because my char will sometimes hit with it 2 to 3 times in a row. The only weapon I'd really say hasn't performed well is the staff/pole.

I may be giving the creator/coders too much credit, but maybe they wanted to counter the cookie-cutter that was bound to result, as it does in these types of games. If the club was the ideal weapon, and you could always select it for your loadout, then the weapon part of my brute would rapidly become stale (you'd either face club-users or people who didn't have the luck to acquire a club). Same with abilities and stats. Everyone would go heavily agility and dodge to avoid hits. In WoW, once every class had the ideal layout, it got kind of boring because you always knew what you're going up against. Except in this case, in WoW you can actually bring skill or ability to the table to counter that. Of course, there was the balance issues that would allow some classes to get consistently destroyed...

I feel that allowing any level of selectability in a 100% random game like my brute would really skew it or ruin it. They'd have to go full select (including battle) or full random.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090411 22:04 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Well, when you can hit for 50 or 60 with the club or mace, but get stuck with a shortsword that does 15, then it's kind of annoying. Or if your guy just never draws his weapon. I mean, at our level, yeah, every weapon seems cool (though you'll quickly notice that random people you meet with maces just completely pwn everything). But I have friends in the teens -- lots of weapons just plain suck.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090413 06:23 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Zep, you mentioned frustration at not beating anything. You know, of course you'll never beat anything if you never log on and fight... :|

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090413 08:01 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Kashi wrote:
Zep, you mentioned frustration at not beating anything. You know, of course you'll never beat anything if you never log on and fight... :|

True. However, I'm not entirely convinced that being able to beat anything is enough of a thrill to warrant me continuing to play.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090413 10:31 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
"Beer/smoking/coffee is terrible at first, but once you acquire a taste for it, it's great!"

'Why would I ever want to do that? It just costs money.'

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next